All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thoughts for Thursday - Why do you (write or read) Blog?

Today is going to be short and simple... I like simplicity lately.  Being I'm new to the TFT world, I apologize if someone has already posted on the topic.

I started blogging on myspace, not really with any reason or direction.  I wanted to see what it was like.  I got more and more into it, doing movie reviews and then started posting these random blogs with just my crazy thoughts... turns out people enjoy the way my wacky mind works.  As you probably know, Kristi suggested that I start my own blog, and I felt it was time since I seemed to be out-growing the not so user-friendly blog that is myspace.  I'm getting sort of away from the 'randomness' of my blogging... but I think that just comes with growing up and me changing in small ways.
I am finding I enjoy this blogging thing... which is odd to me because I'm not generally the type of person to just let people into my life like this.  I don't volunteer my personal thoughts and words to just anybody... not even people I know super well.  I like having something that is my own... and that, if for no other reason, is a great reason to blog!!

So.. Thoughts for Thursday: Why do you blog?  Why did you start blogging?  Tell me your blogging story.  If you are just a blog reader, why do you read the blogs you do and how did you find them?  If you are a lurker, now is the time to come out of the wood work... why do you only read the blog and not make your presence known (as if you're even going to answer that)?!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Other TFT Posts:

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I don't blog near as often as you do...that said:

I started blogging as a way to blow off steam. If someone wanted to read and comment, all the better. It was also a way to tell people what was going on in my head without having to repeat it over and over again.

Like you, I started on myspace. I moved over here when you did.

As far as what I read, well, there's many. I read some belonging to friends (such as yours), I read blogs that are tech related (mostly BlackBerry blogs), and one of the Cosmo blogs that I have been reading since its inception. Out of all of them, I have to say that Remo's blog is my absolute favorite (cop humor). He's HYSTERICAL!!

I've made a habit of commenting on all of yours because you made it known that you want to know when we've been here. Most times, unless it really HITS me, I read, enjoy and move on. It's fun, it passes time, and it lets you in on someone else's insight.

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I have been blogging for over 3 1/2 years now!! I love to post pictures, document my thoughts, share stuff so my friends can see it, to make friends....so many great reasons to blog! I love that some of my friends (in real-life) are starting to blog too...so glad you started this blog!

Dana said...

I've only been blogging consistently since this past summer and I would have an occasional blog on myspace from time to time. I originally started blogging for me. I wanted to document my life. I then started changing my tune a little and started writing for an audience. I don't really have that big of a following but I do keep both parties in mind when I write now. The blogs I read are real life friends or friends of real life friends mostly. I find the whole concept of blogs by either writing or reading to be very time consuming so I have to balance my life accordingly to fit it all in.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails