All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Missouri - Part III: Silver Dollar City & Marvel Cave

My weekend was full of first; first walnut tree, first scrapbook page, first this, first that... Another first, and a pretty damn exciting one, is my first trip inside a cave!  
On Sunday we took a day trip to Branson, MO to visit Silver Dollar City.  It's hard to explain what SDC is exactly, but they have rides, shops, glass blowing, food... those types of things.  I have tons of pictures from that day - some of which I will be posting here.  
Jacob, Phillip and myself went on 3 roller coasters that day, I LOVE roller coasters more than anything and I jump at the chance to go on one!  

They give cave tours which last roughly 45-55 minutes, so we decided to go on one... cause I wanted to go in a cave pretty badly!  There is roughly 600 stairs and we ended up about 500 feet below ground!  WOW!  It's a wet limestone cave and has some of the most amazing formations I've ever seen (not that I've ever seen anything a cave has to offer).  It was breathtaking.  It was also very dark in the cave, so getting a photo to turn out with my little point and shoot camera was quite hard.  I was able to get some:
It was pretty neat stuff, but one of those things that you really must see for yourself.  Photographs just don't show how awesome it is!


Here are some more of me in the cave:
While in Silver Dollar City we also watched some glass blowing, we walked a TON, and we colored some candles:

'Round about the end of the day I was getting tired... a lot because I had been running around with Phillip and Jacob after going on coasters!  Anyhow, we had to return the stroller we got for the kiddos, but before we did I had to pose for a picture, only to have my feet picked up by the kids and pushed/pulled around SDC!!
Renee's father is a dope photographer, so he was snapping pictures all day long... We ended up with this beautiful picture of Renee's daughter, I just happen to be in it:
The picture I posted in this blog was also taken and edited by Renee's father, he was such a treat to get to know!

I had a blast at SDC and going inside the cave is something I won't soon forget.  It's amazing to see places outside of Minnesota... flat ol' Minnesota!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I wanna go!!!!!!!!!!!!

BB Live Updates said...

So glad you enjoyed it! Hope to take you there again, you have to see it at Christmas time, it is breathtakingly beautiful.

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

No caves for me! I tried once when I was little and my claustrophobia got the better of me. I am a big chicken! SDC looks cool though....

Dana said...

The caves look pretty cool. There is a cave in Wisconsin called Crystal Cave and I don't think it is too far from the MN/WI border around Hudson...maybe 45 minutes? I went there when I was a kid and now you make me want to take another trip there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails