All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thoughts for Thursday - ROAD TRIPS!!!

I am going to post a TFT for today, but its going to be pretty short, I'm only working a half day... I do have to get something done today :)

Since I am leaving today to embark on one of my favorite things to do (Road Tripping!), I thought it would be appropriate to talk about road trips!  I'm leaving in a matter of hours to drive about 10 hours to Springfield, MO - I LOVE taking road trips!!  I've done several with friends and many alone (mostly to Chicago); there is just something about being on the open road that I love.  I don't exactly recall my first road trip, but I think it was down to Texas (Dallas area) to visit my friend Derek; he was in the Air Force and stationed down there.  I made a few trips down there to see him, I was younger then so I didn't care as much about finding things to see or do on the way or while down there.  I took a road trip with my friends, Erin and Pam, to Chicago - we stayed there for a night or two, then drove down to St. Louis to visit my friend Joey.  We then drove back to Chicago for another night and eventually made our way home.  

I've made a couple road trips to Las Vegas.  The most memorable one was leaving MN with Erin and Kristen, driving through North Dakota, Montana, the very tip top of Idaho, into Washington.  We stayed in Seattle for a night, drove down through Oregon and Northern California into San Francisco.  We stayed in San Fran (which is one of my favorite cities, btw!) for a night and then made our way into LA/Venice Beach!  Had a night or two there and drove to Vegas.  Talk about an exhausting trip!!  We made our way back to MN through Denver - but didn't really make any stops on the way home.  3 girls in a car together for a week makes for some crabby times :)

I have driven in every state South and West of Minnesota.  I think that is a neat fact.  I've seen the Grand Canyon, Hoover DamThe Hollywood Sign, Muscle Beach, The Space Needle, and The Golden Gate Bridge.  I've been to Six Flags in LA (so much fun!), I've walked the strip in Las Vegas, and I've dipped my feet into the Pacific Ocean.  I'd way rather take a week and drive then fly to only one destination for the same amount of time!

This trip I will hopefully see and do some fun things while on the road.  I'm excited!  I really just can't wait to See Renee and her family.

So... Thoughts for Thursday: Have you ever taken a road trip?  Where to and what did you do?  Do you enjoy road trips?  Tell me anything and everything about the road trips you have taken!!

**********************************************************************
Other TFT Posts today:

4 comments:

BB Live Updates said...

First off, let me say... I thrilled you are taking this road trip in particular! ;)

I too love a good Road Trip! We used to do them often with Phillips work, we have been everywhere from Grand Forks, ND to Orlando, Fl. I have driven to L.A., San Fran, Colorado, Texas, just about everywhere except the far Northwest, and the Northeast. These are on my list of things "to do". It is much harder with 3 kids though. The road trip tends to lose its "charm" after a few hours. :)
I hope this road trip is your best one yet! Cannot wait to see you! Drive Safe!

Dawn said...

Only "road trip" I've been on (and can it really be called a road trip in this instance?) was when I moved here to TN from NJ. 1700 miles in my camaro with my music and my dog.

Denise H. said...

I love a good road trip. I used to do it all of the time. Except my road trips weren't quite as far away as yours.

I need to get back into it. I work with a girl that she and her hubby will jump in the car and drive as soon as they are tired they will pull off to whatever city/state then are in and find a room, place to eat and something to do. They have ended up in the Funniest places but always seem to have the Greatest time!

Dana said...

Road trips for me usually consist of driving within the state but Michael and I went to South Dakota in early July 2006. That was one of my favorite trips with him. That was my longest car ride so my trips haven't been as long as yours. I do like flying to a city and exploring and while we are within a state, we do a considerable amount of driving. I know you are already gone on your trip by the time you read this but have fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails