All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thoughts for Thursday: Change

So, as I'm still new and adjusting to the world of blogging I'm learning new things and trying to be open to trying new things... aka Change.
Kristi, who suggested I try blogging outside of myspace, is involved in a group of bloggers that post Thoughts For Thursday (TFT) - I finally found a post explaining what it is and decided to give it a shot - don't expect this from me every Thursday, we'll see what comes of it :)
I was driving home from work listening to AM 1500 (I'm hooked on talk radio) and they were talking about the new James Bond movie.  Apparently they are cutting out the signature introduction line of "I'm Bond, James Bond" (or however it goes, I've never watched a Bond movie in my life) and also Bond will not be ordering his drinks "Shaken, not stirred" 
The writers and producers of the movie claim they have taken these things out to 'keep it fresh'.

The people on the radio (mind you this is Garage Logic) are in an outrage!  They feel keeping things fresh isn't necessary, but classic movies should be about familiarity.  
It got me thinking...
I'm filled with sadness over the thoughts of the Metrodome being destroyed because of tradition, I got (and still get) angry when things are changed or moved in the neighborhood I grew up, I don't like having to learn new software when I'm used to what I have; I don't adapt well to change when I have no control over it.
I know several people who don't deal well with change and I can't say that I blame them!
So... Thoughts for Thursday:
How do you deal with change?  Do you embrace it?  How does it effect you?  Tell me stories of how you've dealt with it or how you haven't dealt with it... 
I would also like to encourage those reading this with blogs of their own to follow the link to Kristi's blog and maybe think about joining in on TFT - I think it could be a fun little adventure!


*****************************************************************
Other Thoughts For Thursday posts:
Kristi on Live Music/Concerts
Dana Leigh on Pets
Renee on "Thank God tomorrow is Friday!"

3 comments:

BB Live Updates said...

I am down for TFT. Great idea!
As for the change thing.... errrrr... ummm... okay I will admit it.... If it is a change that benefits me, I am all for it. Otherwise... you will find me screaming and kicking all the way.
Whew.... hope you dont think any less of me, I kinda bet you already knew this about me though. ;)

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I think change is a good thing as long as it is beneficial to the majority of people involved. We experience "change" all the time in education and it takes some getting used to, but it is usually a good thing (just requires more work). Some things are better left alone...if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

Dana said...

I am mostly for change...like a new person to run this country! I like to change myself with new hair or color because I get bored. But some things I like the same because it's tradition, as you stated about the Metrodome. Every time I go there, I appreciate it because there will be a time when we are telling someone that we were at the Metrodome and it will only be a memory/legacy to some. Change is good but most of us get too comfortable with our situation and sometimes not changing can be a bad thing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails