All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Random - Vol. 8.8

What an amazing life I have! I wish I could stop and realize that more often.

I had my first experience with a Mac book on Saturday night- taking advantage of the photo effects. We sat in front of this thing for over an hour taking pictures - who does that?! LOL... I felt like such a dork... but it was an amazing time. There was one photo in particular that I hope to share with you, I had like 25 sets of teeth!! I need it to be emailed to me before I can share it...(hint, hint)

I am the biggest cynic of Dr. Phil and everything he stands for and does, but I heard about 10 minutes of his show one day. The show was about some big weight loss challenge, he was telling this man that drank diet soda everyday to stop, and he would lose X amount of weight just from that. It didn't inspire me at first, but after I got to thinking about it, I kind of thought "why not try it, see if it makes a difference." So I have tried.. and it has.
I've stopped drinking soda, and I've actually noticed that my body looks different. I never drank a lot of it... not as much as some people do anyhow... but I would have a can of Dew with lunch everyday. At first it was just no soda, and I noticed a small difference, but any difference is good. Then I started to get better about the gym... and trying to hit it regularly again. That has helped too.
My mother tends to be one of those people who focus on the negative, for example: if I have a huge zit on my face, she'll be the first to tell me about it (even thought I'm well aware that it's there!) but if I dress up and put on make-up and look absolutely stunning... she won't say a word about it (and if she does it's something like "why are you dressed up?"). Last weekend I was outside tanning and I came in the house to make a sandwich wearing my bikini, she said to me "you look really good; have you lost weight?" I almost fell to the floor!! Not only did she notice (which makes me feel very productive) but she actually acknowledged it with a compliment?!?!! Looks like my (hard) work might be paying off

Do you remember the show Full House? Well, it was one of my favorite shows as a child, and I guess some people still watch it! Did you know that Stephanie (Jodie Sweetin) from that show is now a mother and a recovering meth addict?! Isn't it crazy what people turn into? Kind of like the Olsen Twins... I've never seen one of those chicks smile! Uncle Jesse was always my favorite, he was sexy!

Don't date people you work with...

I'm tan, for the first time in a long time... and I look damn good with a tan!!!

OMG! I smoked this weekend... shame on me!!!! Don't worry... I'm still a non-smoker.

Oh, I have something to share- On Saturday, Brandon and I were down by the Mississippi River in NE, and we found a branch from a tree (big surprise, right?! lol) anyhow- we decided to write our names and phone numbers on it and send it down the river. Our hope is that it will make it to like... New Orleans, and someone will call us! So I have this friend Joey, who lives in St. Louis... maybe he should go search the river in a day or so and see if the branch is on it's way?!
How dope would it be if it made it out to the Gulf and all the way to South America or even Africa!!!

I should probably get on with my day now... as always, thanks for reading

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails